Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tagaytay: Sunday, 12 February 2012

First trip was an early start to Tagaytay and Taal Volcano. The weather was cool and I was traveling "into the mountains" so I soon regretted not bringing a warmer jacket from Thailand. Next time I will know better. The ride was gradually uphill through Trece Martires, General Trias and then the beautiful coffee region of Amadeo (nicknamed the Coffee Capital of the Philippines).
Even though I left early (6:00am) the roads were surprisingly busy for a Sunday morning. I had forgotten how, in the Philippines, it is necessary to dodge the jeeps, tricycles, pedestrians, dogs, chickens, etc., etc., especially in the more provincial areas where people are less fussy and concerned about traffic. However, the ride was super and I quickly reached Tagaytay City where I had planned to stop for coffee.
 

Unfortunately it was too early for most cafe to be open and, since I was enjoying the ride so much, I didn't really want to stop. I took the road back towards Silang and Manila and tried Santis and the Gourmet Cafe but, again, both were closed. So I looped back and returned home for breakfast. Upon reaching home and the farm gate the mileage was just over 26,000 km and the petrol warning light illuminated. Time for a top-up.

The motorcycle was cleaned, locked and covered. The driver has been left with the instructions received from my friend. Namely; air 32psi front 34psi rear. Oil 20W-50 - check glass sight after 10 minutes idle on center stand, turn off engine then wait 5 minutes for oil to settle. He also has imported German cleaning materials so I am looking forward to a sparkling motorcycle on my next return to the Philippines.

In addition, I also agree with my friend's suggestion that I have the tires replaced in next 30-60 days, metzeler tire supplier motorcycle dealer along JP Rizal Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment