Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bike Pick-up: Saturday, 11 February 2012

Finally! The motorcycle had been serviced, deed of sale prepared, money paid and now it was time to collect. The flight from Bangkok was a little late but, nevertheless, I managed to reach my friend's home in Pasig by early afternoon. The motorcycle had been washed and waxed (huge thanks to my friend and his driver), and it was waiting out front. After a few brief words, I was impatient to be on my way (mileage was about 25,850 km).
The ride home (Tanza, Cavite) was via C5, Nicols Airbase, NAIA terminal 3, and the Coastal Road. Traffic was heavy from Pasig until the Coastal Road but, once I joined the Coastal Road and its new extension, the journey was lovely. Unfortunately I was not able to take any pictures (too busy concentrating on riding my new motorcycle) but the route along the causeway and the Coastal Road extension was superb. The causeway is reclaimed land with sea along both sides. It was cool, slight breeze, bright and sunny, and with little traffic. Motorcycles above 400cc are allowed on the tollways in the Philippines (unlike Thailand) so it was a great treat to enjoy the  highway.
Home was reached comfortably in about an hour and a half of pleasant riding. My first impression of the BMW R1150R is that it is easy to ride, smooth, soft and comfortable with plenty of power when needed, albeit quite heavy in traffic. It can only get better!
 Arriving at it's new home and, hopefully, the start of some new and exciting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment