Friday, August 3, 2012

Makati: Thursday, 2 August 2012

The R1150R had been left on the Optimate charger and, prior to my arrival, the driver had disconnected the charger, cleaned the motorcycle, and run it for 10-15 minutes. It looked good and ready to go.

Stored with Optimate charger
I packed my Kriega bag with papers for the Bank, my various cards and IDs, and my Rev-It rain jacket. It had rained heavily overnight and whilst not raining this morning, I decided to wear the Rev-It rain trousers as I felt sure there would be some flooding en route.

Departed at 09:55am with mileage 26,656 kilometers. Travelled through Tanza, filled up with 95 octane at Petron CEPX at a cost of Peso 495. Reached HSBC Makati at 10:57am. Parked in a motorcycle park and paid 20 peso for 1 hr parking - left HSBC at 11:30am to look for SMX near Mall of Asia.

Not able to find SMX so decided to return home for lunch. The rain had held-off all the morning and the weather was quite pleasant. However, while riding along the coastal road extension I could see storm clouds over Cavite City heading across the sea directly towards me. There was absolutely no shelter. The wind increased significantly and temperature dropped considerably. I felt a soaking was imminent.
Rain storm moving quickly towards me
I could see a wall of torrential rain about 100m from the toll booth. There was no option other than to ride into it. I reached the booth, paid the toll, and waited under the cover of the booth until the rain stopped.

The rain soon stopped and the return to the farm was uneventful and pleasant. Returned at 1:20pm with mileage of 26,739 kilometers. Hope the rain will stay away tomorrow and I can ride some more.

2 comments: