Monday, April 16, 2012

Rizal Avenue, Caloocan City: 10 April 2012

A pre-dawn and early start at 5:05am for the journey to change my Metzeler tires.  Mileage at departure was 26,086 kilometers.

I had previously printed a Google map route to Caloocan Sales, the Metzeler tire dealer at Rizal Avenue, Caloocan City. The route took me through Tanza, the new Coastal Road extension, Roxas Boulevard, and on to Rizal Avenue. Theoretically a simple route but I was unsure of the roads after Roxas Boulevard. Fortunately, and more by luck than judgment, I ended up on Rizal Avenue and was able to follow the LRT to Caloocan Sales.

I arrived at Caloocan Sales shortly after 6:30am and was hugely early given their 8:45am opening time. I spoke to a local worker who suggested I try "Tony's" in 8th Aenue for breakfast while waiting for opening. Tony's had likewise not yet opened, so breakfast of a tasty fried egg, garlic rice and 3 in 1 coffee for Php30 was taken next door at Chona's.
Mileage at Chona's 26,137 kilometers.

The tires were quickly replaced (Metzeler Z8 - Front Tire: 120 / 70-ZR 17, Rear Tire: 170 / 60-ZR 17) at a cost of Php 17,000 including a Php 600 fitting charge.
 The return to the farm was quick,  uneventful and enjoyable - especially the new coastal road extension which never ceases to delight.

Mileage at return to farm 26,183 kilometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment